Re: [openpgp] Put Signature in an Email's Header

2020-12-31 16:22:47
On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 11:14:33AM +0100, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:03:44 +0100,
Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wrote:
On 11.12.2020 09:58, Hanno Böck wrote:
FWIW I have heard lots of complains about the signature attachment,
which is why I stopped sending signed emails by default a long time ago.

Too bad signatures cannot be put into headers (just like DKIM
signatures). That would not confuse people (because they generally
don't inspect headers) while providing necessary info for clients that
understand them.

When you say cannot, I think you mean there is no standard to so.
Technically, I think, it is possible, and it is a neat idea.

You may want to keep an eye on draft-ietf-httpbis-message-signatures that
is defining an HTTP header field for conveying a signature over (a subset
of) the message.  It seems like at least some of the topics covered would
be relevant for the email case as well.

-Ben