Re: [openpgp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-openpgp-crypto-refresh-01.txt

2021-02-08 04:50:27
On 07/02/2021 10:25, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Heiko Stamer <HeikoStamer(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net> writes:

For spaces and tabs the intention is clear for me, however, I am not sure
about carriage returns in general. According to Unicode Character Database
there are some other whitespace characters, e.g., form feed (0x0c). Should
such characters be included, too?

That also just seems wrong in general, the last major OS type I know of that
used CR delimiters was Mac OS from 1984.  Shouldn't this be LF or CRLF?
Wherever this came from, it's not in 4880, or any other common RFC that
defines a format for blank lines.

It reads to me like this change is intended to cover a "blank line" of assorted spaces and tabs, with an optional trailing carriage return before the line feed delimiter. The admission of carriage returns elsewhere in the whitespace sequence is surely unintentional.

Note that the similar definition of "trailing white space" on line 69 should be kept consistent with that of "blank line".

--
Andrew Gallagher