RE: Proxylet interface

2001-06-15 14:15:56

We are defining an idl for the services that plug into the opes module,
though it is not yet complete. For the proxylet interface Java binding, the
framework uses module entry point type services, such that the entry point
is common across all services.

Thanks,
Manasi

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Walker [mailto:Andrew(_dot_)Walker(_at_)thundercrack(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 4:36 AM
To: 'ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org'
Subject: Proxylet interface

I am interested in proxylets.
Is there some draft idl defining the way a proxylet module would plug
into the OPES server? How should the request/response be passed to the
proxylet? I see that OMML/IRML is used to define what can be plugged in
and when it should be invoked. The ICAP mechanism seems to be on the way
to being well defined, but what is being done about local server
execution.

I had imagined that the proxylet interface java binding would be similar
to the java servlet API. Is this the current feeling? Or should the
configuration language define a way to describe the module entry point?

Andy Walker,
Chief Technical Officer, Thundercrack Ltd.
17 Rathbone street, London, UK, W1T 1ND

web:   http://www.thundercrack.com
Phone: +44 (020) 7631 1000
Fax:   +44 (020) 7631 1002
email: andrew(_dot_)walker(_at_)thundercrack(_dot_)com