Re: link to proxylet api draft ID

2001-09-13 10:21:55

On Thursday 13 September 2001 5:00 pm, you wrote:
Andrew,
I have a couple of questions after having looked at the proposed APIs.

- There is a need to provide asynchronous support between the engine and
the services (e.g. proxylets). While the IOStreams themselves are
asynchronous I don't see how asynchronous support is achieved between the
engine and services using these APIs. May be a sample would help clarify.

There is no way using that API to do asynchronous service notification. What
sort of things do you wish no notify? Would making the proxylet an
ProxyEventListener that receives a ProxyEvent object suffice, or do you need
more specific functionality.

Possible subclasses of ProxyEvent: -
UserDisconnectedEvent
ServiceTimeoutEvent

- There is also a need to support chunking. How is this achieved using
these APIs ?

Chunking is a transport encoding, the data would be dechunked before being
sent to the proxylets, and the output is rechunked if we determine the
rechunking necessary.

We've been working on a set of APIs, which like this one uses the Servlet
APIs as a reference. We'll update the doc and circulate to the community to
start to find consensus among these related proposals.
Thanks
Christian

If you want to access the full text version of the draft ID extract I

posted

yesterday, you may find it here: -

<http://www.thundercrack.com/drafts/draft-walker-opes-proxylet-java-bindin

.txt>

This document is not an official draft, its purpose is to begin the
process

of API discussion. I'll be formally submitting the document to the IETF

very

shortly.

Regards

Andrew Walker
Thundercrack Ltd.
17 Rathbone Street
London, W1T 1ND
UK

Phone: +44 020 7631 1000
EMail: andrew(_dot_)walker(_at_)thundercrack(_dot_)com
URI:   <http://www.thundercrack.com>