RE: HTTP Request Generation

2001-11-29 10:43:28

http://webtool.rte.microsoft.com/
Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool

-----Original Message-----
From: Maciocco, Christian
[mailto:christian(_dot_)maciocco(_at_)intel(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 5:19 PM
To: 'techmail(_at_)frontporch(_dot_)com'
Cc: 'ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org'
Subject: Re: HTTP Request Generation

      >Forgive me if this is not in the spirit of this list.
However, I
feel that
      >people working on OPES/ICAP are probably the best
folks to talk to
on this.

      >Is anyone using a simple HTTP request generator for
development and
testing?

      >I am looking for something that will create requests as fast as
possible and
      >not wait for response (closed network).  This is for
load testing.

      >Thanks.
      >
      >Derek

We've been using Microsoft's Web Application Stress Tool.
It's free if I
recall correctly. I don't have the URL handy but it should be
easy to find.
The tool is easy to use, has a nice UI and good features,
e.g. first/last
byte response time, number of threads generating requests,
generate request
without waiting for responses, etc.

Christian