RE: IRML Implementations

2002-02-14 09:36:10

An IRML parser is easy - its XML. Use any of the available xml parsers. A
parser that outputs another format doesnt really help you, the problem is
simply shifted to parsing another format.

An XML processor is different. That would cross IRML with an incident
request/response and output a action list. We have one at thundercrack, but
its not open source. FYI We have a server that processes IRML and OMML
before assigning jobs to local proxylet execution environments or vectoring
requests over ICAP. Email off list if you want more details.

Cheers,
Andy Walker
Thundercrack LTD.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-openproxy(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-openproxy(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of Anwar
M. Haneef
Sent: 13 February 2002 19:53
To: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: IRML Implementations

Hi,

Does anyone know of an open source/publicly available IRML rule parser. I
would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks,
Anwar

Anwar M. Haneef
Graduate Student/Research Assistant
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering (Computer Systems Engineering)
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

Voice: (413)-545-4847 (office)

Email: a(_dot_)m(_dot_)haneef(_at_)ieee(_dot_)org
Yahoo Pager: anwarhaneef
Web: http://www-unix.ecs.umass.edu/~ahaneef