Re: comments on draft-dracinschi-opes-callout-requirements-00

2002-03-01 10:35:43

Ian Cooper wrote:

A "cache" meaning?  We had this definition discussion years ago in WREC...

So let's take advantage of the WREC work. It should be a 'caching proxy' then...

Yes. But when a single caching proxy became a bottleneck we found other ways of clustering multiple caching proxies to fix that problem...

... but we now have additional functionality/data on these 'caching proxies' (i.e. the OPES intermediaries), for example rule processors and rule modules. Clustering multiple of such extended 'caching proxies' requires additional consideration, for example keeping the rule sets consistent etc. It would also imply that you duplicate the rule engines with clustering the 'caching proxies', while this would NOT be necessary of you have one OPES intermediary serving a cluster of remote callout servers...

guess the issue to be considered is whether one option scales better than the other (and perhaps in which cases).

Agreed - and this fit also fit in the "Scenario Document".

-Markus