Re: comments on draft-dracinschi-opes-callout-requirements-00

2002-03-01 13:17:49

Mark Nottingham wrote:

Perhaps it would be helpful to clarify the interactions between a)
the encapsulated protocol b) the OPES service and c) the callout
protocol. Caching touches all of these in different ways, and that
might be causing the confusion here.

That's a good idea, because there are quite some dependencies between the various cachability rules (e.g. the possibly modified response from a callout server must NOT be cached longer than indicated in the original response from the origin server etc.). We struggeled quite a bit ourselves when discussing this, so we need some clear considerations here.