RE: SMTP filtering use case

From: Robert Collins [mailto:robert(_dot_)collins(_at_)syncretize(_dot_)net]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 5:50 PM
To: Oskar Batuner
Cc: Alex Rousskov; ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: SMTP filtering use case

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 09:17, Oskar Batuner wrote:

There may be any number of reasons for the callout processor to
produce multi-message response, the protocol just SHOULD
(MUST?) support
multiple responses while preserving transactional integrity.

SNIP

To me, if user details are in a directory, detection of user
preferences seems to be orthogonal to the OPES transaction.
*Identification* of the user within the OPES transaction may
be useful though.

Rob
SNIP

-------- abbie

I agree, detection of user preferences is needed. I also believe that
Identification of the user within the OPES transaction is more than useful,
it may be needed.