Re: OPES protocol, pre-draft

2003-02-19 09:56:27
On 06:56 19/02/03, Alex Rousskov said:
If there is a consensus that OPES server cannot modify source and
destination info, then we can simplify the protocol a little bit.
Is there a consensus regarding this design decision? Perhaps Abbie's
poll will show...

No. The OPES can sub-delegate a task temporarily or permanently. The first task that a server must be able to do is to qualify a request as a dispatcher. We all know an application which is based on that thinking: the DNS.
jfc

---