Re: Draft Agenda for IETF 56

2003-03-12 13:11:09

Alex Rousskov wrote:

Please see my opes:filtering/cisco-defaults example with processing
delegation and related changes of the service ID. I am not sure if
that is legal OPES, but it does seem to require callout server
involvement.

I was refering to a general "no OPES, please" signal, triggering the OPES processor to not do *any* callouts or service invokations at all, but letting the application message pass through as it would do in a non-OPES environment. In this particular case, I don't see any interaction with the OPES callout protocol. Your example is different, and I agree with your statement that this would probably require some interaction.

I think the answer depends on how "late" your binding is:  can a
callout server delegate processing to another callout server? If yes,
the original OPES dispatcher/processor does not have enough
information and the callout server should pass that along to the next
OPES "hop".

Agreed.