RE: Draft Agenda for IETF 56

2003-03-12 06:54:36
This was my initial point. We are asked to build a bicycle. We see that we can also build a car. Let avoid building an Harley Davidson everyone will enjoy but no one will use.

1. let build the bicycle
2. in keeping in mind what could be reused from a car production later on, so we keep consistent.

This is why I think we should do as you say: http. The real project I would propose would be a redirect system upon decision of a server (I have a real need :-). I suppose that if a few ones could have in mind a similar application, we could confront with real life examples.

Then we could list every time there is a decision how it would work with other entry systems and other callout protocol transport solution. Choosing the simplest transport solution to implement (may be local interaction?) for that part, so we can test quickly and exchange code?

Then may be we could check SMTP to be sure it works well in a different model?
jfc