RE: Draft Agenda for IETF 56

2003-03-12 04:40:07
Hi all,

This discussions are really getting interesting.

However, it seems to be that we should fundemantely agree on the deployment
(where, what and for what) of OPES in the services area.

The discussions give me the feeling that we are trying to design a (very
flexible) system that is looking for a place in the field.

I could see the benefits to have various bindings for the callout protocol.
It gives felexibility. But at what expense? I really have problems
developing an architecture/protocols that can go all over the field.

The architecture document states that the example protocol is HTTP. I know
that we should be open minded in the design of the callout protocol.

However, I would like to start with HTTP and then come up with a callout
protocol that can work with it. After that, I would like to see how we
address all of the IAB issues regarding OPES. We can then move the excerise
to RTP (SRTP etc..), and use that knowledge to ensure that we have a
flexible protocol.

At this point, the issues of notification/tracing have not been brought up
(yet?).

Abbie