Re: Draft Agenda for IETF 56

2003-03-12 06:28:30

Abbie Barbir wrote:

At this point, the issues of notification/tracing have not been brought up
(yet?).

Absolutley correct and an important point!! Is there anything me must consider in the callout protocl design for tracing and notification? I would assume so... Any thoughts?

While probably separate from the callout protocol design, we also need to discuss possible impact on the application message protocol, for example for an "OPES bypass" mechanism. This refers to the requirement that a user must be able to signal an OPES processor that (s)he wants to bypass any OPES service (one of the IAB requirements) - as briefly discussed some time earlier, using (user-defined?) HTTP headers might be an option.... So we also need to consider possible impact/extensions on the application message protocol. Anyone some thoughts on this one?