RE: Protocol next steps

2003-03-28 12:09:37

Hi Alex,
Just a small comment re. your OCP draft! Didn't you need to use "qualifier"
rather than "quantifier" in the introductory part of the draft!

-Srini

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Alex Rousskov [mailto:rousskov(_at_)measurement-factory(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 12:23 PM
To: OPES Group
Subject: Re: Protocol next steps

Attached is a plain text version of the OCP draft(*). The document is
currently formated as an individual submission. As Markus has
explained above, the working group has to decide how to move forward
with it.

There are obviously many XXXs, missing and ugly parts in the draft,
but the overall shape of the protocol should be visible. I think it is
time to make this a reference point before we proceed with bindings
and with solving specific protocol issues. The predraft document I
have been working on is no longer good enough because external
reviewers/helpers do not know about it and because it is time to
document consensus.

Since this draft is not yet a product of the working group, nothing it
currently contains implies consensus. Everything is subject to a
discussion and change. I just documented what we have discussed on the
list and made several subjective decisions where some decisions were
needed to build a coherent protocol spec.

Again, we now need to decide whether the draft should be submitted as
a working group draft. If there are some modifications that must
happen first, please let me know, but let's not argue too much about
specifics until the draft is published (so that we have a clear
reference point).

Thank you,