Re: Comments on ocp-00

2003-04-05 18:52:40

Reinaldo wrote:

Are we talking about the same thing? This is already a MUST on the
requirements draft. We have several parameters that need to be negotiated
that have (a priori) nothing to do with the application protocol/bindings
OCP will be carrying.  They are go from basic things like version number to
performance, security, etc.

The intention behind this requirement was to allow for very basic, but fundamental and absolutely required parameter exchange. It should *not* be seen as justification for very complex capability auto-negotiation schemes. Key point - keep it simple, any added complexity will have to be justified with a very specifc "must-have" example.