RE: feedback: OCP version head_sid2 thread: Try 2

2003-04-06 21:46:56

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Abbie Barbir wrote:

Abbie: Yes, that what I was trying to stay by seperating the OCP
message from the Application message for a given protocol. The way I
see it is that if a session is opened between the OPES processor and
the callout server, that session is related to the supported
application protcol. The indication of what the application protocol
should be is done at setup!!!!!

Yes, that is what Reinaldo Penno is working on right now.

How do define that? The current definition defines it, but it
makes no distinction between "data octets" (which are
application message data) and "OCP octets" (which are
OCP message structures).
That is what needs to be fixed.

Yes.

The same thing can happen for data

 Application  +---------------+   OCP Data       +----------------+
 Protocol --->| OPES Processor| ---------------> | Callout Server |
 Data    <--- |               | <--------------- |                |
              +---------------+                  +----------------+

There is no "OCP data", really. There is only application
data (original or preprocessed or adapted).

NOP. This is data that is associated with an OCP message, regardless of
where the data was originated from (at the higher level).

Well, yes, but this is only a question of a definition. We can have
"application data" and "OCP data" and then define a relationship
between the two. Alternatively, we can have "application data" only
since any "data that is associated with an OCP message" is (by
definition) "application data". The latter is the current, perhaps
inferior, approach.

Once we have a good definition for "application message", it should
become less messy.