Re: Shortcuts

2003-04-11 11:49:16

I don't think any changes are necessary for OCP.  Not even "I took
care of it".  The only question is whether or not we need to document
shortcuts somewhere - ideally it would have been in the architecture
document, I suppose.  There are at least two cases for shortcuts,
redirects and cut-throughs; are there more?  Can we get agreement on
wording about when a shortcut is OK and when not, where should we put
the wording?

I think shortcuts are generally very difficult for streaming
protocols, by the way.  I'd like to hear differently, if there are
streaming experts out there.

Hilarie