Re: OCP transport nomination

2003-05-05 22:10:56

On Mon, 5 May 2003, The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman wrote:

My point being that it would seem pretty easy for an OCPTRAN API
implementor to set up things in such a way that the user was
responsible for opening the correct kind of TLS connection and then
passing the handle to it to OCPTRAN.

This is probably true and smells similar to how HTTP can be wrapped in
TLS/SSL. Still, we would have to write some documents explaining how
TLS or other encodings are applied/negotiated/configured in OCP
context. BEEP folks did that legwork for us.