Re: AW: OCP transport nomination

2003-05-06 09:30:47

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Marshall Rose wrote:

where i interested in seeing this work complete, i would be
leveraging every existing open standards thing i could get my hands
on. i wouldn't care at all about optimality. i would care about
getting the job done before the IESG wises up and figures out that
this working group isn't going to succeed.

Why are you not suggesting that we simply use ICAP/1.0 as OCP, then?
ICAP/1.0 (RFC 3507) exists, works, and is open.

Personally, I think that it is far better for this group to be forced
to close by the wise IESG than to produce OPES protocols that are not
much better than the existing ones. It is better to produce nothing
[new] than to just further dilute protocol set for OPES-like things.
We have to build the "best" OPES protocols to justify this WG
existence.