Re: WGs facing similar transport decision

2003-05-12 10:55:46

[ speaking as co-chair... ]

      There are several examples where working groups picked BEEP as
transport. I assume none of those groups regret their choice now. Can
you confirm/deny that they are all satisfied with BEEP, based on your
personal information/perception?

alexey - it would be inappropriate of me to comment regarding the
emotional state of ietf working groups.

if you want to talk to people, i suggest you contact the chairs of the
calsh and syslog working groups, along with andy bierman of the xmlconf
effort (which is not yet) a working group. alternatively, you can send
an email to the mailing list associated with each of these three.

And perhaps more importantly, do you know of any group (dead or alive)
that have chosen a custom transport after seriously considering and
rejecting BEEP? I wonder if we can learn from others mistakes here...

[ again, speaking as co-chair... ]

it would be inappropriate for me to comment on the ability of this group
to learn from the mistakes of others.

/mtr