RE: Tracing Draft version-05042003

2003-05-08 15:51:02

Alex,

this is why I said I add few text and resubmit.
We still need to mention it (for the record).

Abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Rousskov [mailto:rousskov(_at_)measurement-factory(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 5:33 PM
To: Barbir, Abbie [CAR:1A00:EXCH]
Cc: The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman; ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Tracing Draft version-05042003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Abbie Barbir wrote:

on the proxy issue, I will add proper text and resubmit.

Please do NOT without further discussion! Application caching
is out of OPES scope. If we assume HTTP is being adapted,
then HTTP already has all necessary mechanisms that servers
can use to get "all requests", even if their responses are
cachable. OPES has nothing to do with this. We can explicitly
say that OPES is not concerned with application caching if we want to.