Re: draft-beck-opes-irml-03.txt

2003-07-24 14:58:04

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Markus Hofmann wrote:

we need to get going on the rules language as well, we're already
late on this one!

I will respond to questions raised by my e-mail. For now, I am _not_
arguing that the rule language should be a general purpose programming
language. I am arguing that it should be a domain specific language
that allows for powerful and simple expression of what rules need to
express. Or, at least, we should seriously consider that option.

I will try to show that XML presents virtually no advantages compared
to a domain specific language and introduces significant hurdles.

I am on travel and may not be able to comment on this promptly,
unfortunately.

N.B. It is theoretically possible to continue working on the language
without agreeing on its representation (XML or custom).