Re: [end points comm] OPES System

2003-08-12 06:58:15

jfcm wrote:

An OPES system is a system organized to permit its users to obtain a single or a coordinated set of open puggable edge services. Such a system can be statically and/or dynamically organized by its user, the community of its users, a host provider or any other third party. An OPES domain is the part of an OPES system belonging to a given operator. An OPES domain is not a sub-OPES system as it may need external ressources to provide services. OPES domains have no incidence on the structure of an OPES system, but they may influence its organization for different reasons such as security, payment, quality of service, delivery parameters, etc. particularly in the case of dynamicly prioritized organization and revamping choices.

I basically agree, but I don't see the need to formally define the term "OPES system". If we've the notion of an OPES domain as indicated above - in which draft and where would we need the term "OPES system"?

Let's simply say that "An OPES domain describes all OPES entities operated by a single provider". I would assume that's all we need in the context we talked about.

Also, please keep in mind Hilarie's view on the need to identify every single OPES processor and post your thoughts to the list. If consensus would be that each single OPES processor needs to be identified, we might not even need the notion of an "OPES domain".

-Markus