Re: [end points comm] OPES System

2003-08-13 11:03:15

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman wrote:

I think the concept of an "OPES system" being traceable, without
requiring each OPES processor to be traceable, is unsupportable.

What do you mean by "unsupportable"? From protocol and implementation
point of view it is much easier to trace larger things (a well-known
collection of entities) than every single entity in that collection.

It will not satisfy anyone, and it will lead to endless arguments
about what constitutes compliance.

Tracing OPES systems satisfies me :-). While I agree that endless
arguments about compliance are unavoidable, I do not think that
tracing individual system components will stop those arguments. To
start with, "OPES processor" is not currently defined (AFAIK).

Alex.