Re: draft-beck-opes-irml-03.txt

2003-08-13 12:32:25

Alex Rousskov wrote:

Yes (assuming there is not one available already). Please note that
proposed IRML is also a new domain specific language.

Yup, but the usage of XML, for example, allows to very easily and very quickly implement an IRML parser using exisitng XML parsers - you almost get it for free.

Sure, if there are other (or even more approriate) existing schemas/languages/etc., we need to discuss their suitability and decide on the most approriate one. All I'm saying is let's have a look at what's out there rather than always wanting to design our own new stuff from scratch... which I believe to understand you agree with.

In other words, it is not a question of reusing an existing encoding.
It is a question of using the right existing encoding.

Correct. Using XML was partially inspired by CPL (Call Processing Language), which is used for similar problems in the SIP area. We should learn from their experience - both positive and negative.

-Markus