Re: is there OPES prototype proxy?

2003-08-27 08:12:19

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, [iso-8859-1] Red K wrote:

Yes, I also mentioned that proxylet is not discussed
for a long time. But what is the reason for this?

Is it related to system efficiency and simple
maintainance? I mean to setup one callout server is
easy to maintain and higher efficient to carry out
specific service than put them onto a single host.

I do not think that proxylets are always more or less efficient than
callout services. Same for the ease of maintenance. It all depends on
a particular environment and workload. Moreover, it is possible (if
not desirable!) to have a proxylet that communicates with the OPES
processor via OCP and, hence, is also a callout service.

Alex.