Re: P: single assignment semantics

2003-10-28 10:00:17

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Andre Beck wrote:

In the current IRML draft we require that IRML interpreters re-evaluate
rule conditions and the referenced message property values after each
service execution.

Re-evaluation is essentially a loop, right? Does this re-evaluation
open a possibility for an infinite loop? How can we be sure that both
of the cases below are covered:

        - a service that needs to be applied more than
          once (e.g., after each header X change) is applied
          as many times as necessary

        - a [misconfigured] set of rules does not lead
          to infinite loops

Should we simply rely on timeouts and other external measures to break
loops? Or should we try to prevent loops on a language level? Or am I
seeing loops when none exist?