Re: P: single assignment semantics

2003-10-29 08:51:13

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Geetha Manjunath wrote:

Andre Beck wrote:

In the current IRML draft we require that IRML interpreters
re-evaluate rule conditions and the referenced message property
values after each service execution. As you pointed out, message
properties and in particular message header values can change as a
result of service executions. A content adaptation service, for
example, may modify the content type and subsequent service
operations may not make sense any more once the content type of a
message has changed.

Under this condition, I think, it may be cumbersome to actually nest
the rest of the code under another IF..

How does P handle this?

It is up to the programmer or IDE to handle any inter-rule
dependencies. Semantic dependencies among rules are to complex for P
to check/enforce them, IMO.

You may want to introduce a new statement in 'P' that just 'ends' the
rule processing and returns.. Alternatively you may want to specify a
method in core to do so , core.end(), core.exit() or something like
that.

Yes, that's already on the todo list. Section 5 of the draft says:
XXX: add Core.interpreter.stop and Core.interpreter.restart methods.

Alex.