Re: P: single assignment semantics

2003-10-28 21:49:48

Andre Beck wrote:
In the current IRML draft we require that IRML interpreters re-evaluate
rule conditions and the referenced message property values after each
service execution. As you pointed out, message properties and in
particular message header values can change as a result of service
executions. A content adaptation service, for example, may modify the
content type and subsequent service operations may not make sense any
more once the content type of a message has changed.

Under this condition, I think, it may be cumbersome to actually nest the
rest of the code under another IF..

How does P handle this?
You may want to introduce a new statement in 'P' that just 'ends' the
rule processing and returns.. Alternatively you may want to specify a
method in core to do so , core.end(), core.exit() or something like
that.

regards
Geetha