Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-ocp-core-03.txt

2003-11-26 08:59:15

Alex Rousskov wrote:

    S2a. Drop application message identifiers from
       OCP Core. They are not used by HTTP Adaptation
       draft; thus adapted am-ids are application-specific.
       The Core already [correctly] says that
       there can be only one original application message
       that is being adapted in a given OCP transaction;
       thus, original am-id is useless.

What about multiple am-ids for the responses coming back from the callout server (possibly required for SMTP)? Will this still be documented in OCP core or moved out to application-specific bindings?

    S2b. Replace xid atom with {xid} structure to allow
       for seamless addition of adapted am-ids in OCP
       application bindings such as SMTP/OCP.

OK, I believe that answers my question above... OCP core will *not* document am-ids, but define a structure that allows application-specific bindings to include such am-ids for responses, right?

N.B. I also have a rather long list of minor editorial changes. Since
I am the draft editor, I would prefer to type those in directly and
post a diff for those who care.

That's fine.

Doing so will save me a lot of time on
describing those editorial comments in prose before applying them. If
you have any objections, please let me know ASAP; I hope to finish
editorial comments by the last call deadline at 17:00 EST.

Alex, when will you be able to address your show-stopping comments in thedraft? If no one objects to your comments/suggestions in your earlier email, please go ahead and merge them into the draft. We'll then issue (the hopefully final) WGLC on this draft.

If someone has objections to what Alex outlined, please raise your concrn NOW!

Thanks,
  Markus