Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-ocp-core-03.txt

2003-11-26 10:03:53

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Markus Hofmann wrote:

Alex Rousskov wrote:

    S2a. Drop application message identifiers from
       OCP Core. They are not used by HTTP Adaptation
       draft; thus adapted am-ids are application-specific.
       The Core already [correctly] says that
       there can be only one original application message
       that is being adapted in a given OCP transaction;
       thus, original am-id is useless.

What about multiple am-ids for the responses coming back from the
callout server (possibly required for SMTP)? Will this still be
documented in OCP core or moved out to application-specific
bindings?

The possibility of multiple responses will remain documented. The exact
mechanism (am-ids) will not be.

    S2b. Replace xid atom with {xid} structure to allow
       for seamless addition of adapted am-ids in OCP
       application bindings such as SMTP/OCP.

OK, I believe that answers my question above... OCP core will *not*
document am-ids, but define a structure that allows
application-specific bindings to include such am-ids for responses, right?

Exactly.

Alex, when will you be able to address your show-stopping comments in
thedraft? If no one objects to your comments/suggestions in your
earlier email, please go ahead and merge them into the draft. We'll
then issue (the hopefully final) WGLC on this draft.

Given impending holidays in the US, I am uncertain about my
availability for the next 4 days. I will do my best to apply
everything by Tuesday morning, hopefully sooner.