Re: Revised ID Needed for draft-ietf-opes-iab-04?

2004-03-25 17:44:32

The main objection seemed to be the confusing example about
notifications, which seems to have little relevance to OPES protocol
issues.  The example calls for a note to be sent from a child ISP to a
parent company when a user reconfigures his preferences in such a way
as to subvert a policy of the parent company.  OPES is only indirectly
involved, if at all.  Is there a better example?

I'm not sure if the IESG comments about "one-party consent" are an
objection or not.  The architecture is clearly in compliance with
the IAB recommendation, and perhaps that could be stressed more.

The last paragraph of the one-party consent section is a little
confusing.  It calls copying an "adaptation" that cannot be detected.
I think that the issue is more simply described as content privacy.

Hilarie