Re: P work in new charter

2004-06-29 10:06:55

I can't find the P draft nor the message giving the URL for it, though

The most important thing about the OPES language is that it support a
superset of regular expression matching functions that can be composed
efficiently by a special compiler.  The second most important thing is
that it support composable, reusable actions.

I can't tell where these fall in the Rousskov a, b, c scope definitions,
and I would appreciate further amplication of them, especially c, for
writing modules for protocol-specific processor actions.  I cannot
quite imagine how a language would support protocol-nonspecific actions
but could not support protocol-specific actions.

Hilarie