Re: SMTP or MIME in Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-13 13:52:56

Alex Rousskov wrote:

you said "Similar to what we did in the first charter, we can make
SMTP the prime goal which we'll have to provide a solution for, but we
can first explore the feasibility of a general "email/MIME" profile
(and maybe include an explicit charter item for such exploration)."

The above direction was supported by Abbie and myself, without
objections. Can we go down that path and include an exploratory
charter item instead of starting with SMTP? It may also simplify
solving the agent-dependency problem for SMTP. We can be more vague
about SMTP if we have to do MIME first!

I apologize for not recalling that two-week old e-mail thread earlier.

I actually had this in mind... The phrasing we've so far in the strawman charter does *not* preclude us from doing this. I would expect us to explore these options first, just as we did with OCP (without having it mentioned explicitly in the previous charter). Not explicitcly broadening the scope might make it more likely to get the charter accpeted.