Re: Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-13 21:49:21

Alex Rousskov wrote:

<stripped>... unless we want to expand P scope to affect things like preview
size dynamically, while the data is being retrieved from the network.
We will be able to control service _execution_ then.

I am sure this is right. If the service is say, "virus scanning", by changing
the
preview size of the stream being sent, you cannot probably tell the scanner to
change its execution path . On the other hand, the OPES service may be able to
dictate the preview size required for it to function.. Basically, it will boil
down to negotiation over the callout protocol .

thanks and regards
Geetha