Re: ID Tracker State Update Notice: draft-ietf-opes-ocp-core

2004-09-02 12:33:12

Actually, Steve simply wanted to hold the document open for
discussion, since there were some things he wanted to dig
through further; the IESG doesn't use DEFER for that (it just continues
the discussion), but it was very, very early in the morning in
Australia when he pushed the button and he forgot.  He and
I hope to circle up on it next week.

We did have a short discussion of the registry requirements, though,
and it would help IANA if we mocked up what an entry in the
registry would look like, so they can prepare the registry when it
goes to them.  Also, is there an available validator for
PETDM, or is this something the expert will validate?

On the ABNF issue, if there is a different flavor of BNF which can
express the "n octets" rule, we can switch the reference; the
IESG doesn't mind folks using different flavors of notation, it
just needs the citations to match.  If there is no flavor of
BNF that matches, we can say "expressed in ABNF, except for
the "n octets rule"", which is a kludge, but will probably work.
                regards,
                        Ted Hardie