Another Update

2004-10-19 17:47:37

Folks,

we heard from Ted that our new charter proposal was discussed by the IESG and no major concerns were raised. It went out for public review and will get a second IESG review at the next telechat. Based on this, let's get a discussion of the new (proposed) work items going on the mailing list.

Tony suggested to have an ananalysis of "P" vs. "Sieve". Anyone any thoughts or willing to take a first crack? Why do we need to invent a new language when there's already a language that does very similar things we want to do for email? Very valid question! [This hopefully gets some folks rolling :]

We also need to get a discussion going on SMTP Use Cases - so please post to the list of you've some thoughts on that!

Folks - it was quiet for a while. Now that we move forward with the new work items, let's get the discussions going again. Only with active participants it's worthwhile for us to continue!