Re: Request for agenda items at IETF 62

2005-02-22 12:15:41

At 15:12 22/02/2005, Markus Hofmann wrote:
Folks,
we have not received a single request for agenda items!

Some of the key contributors of the WG won't be able to come to Minneapolis, but if the entire WG depends on only 3-4 people and no one else has interest any more, maybe we better fold up the working group...

For now, we plan to have a discussion on the SMTP use cases (Paul Knight will cover for Abbie and Martin - thanks!). Anyone else interested in getting some time at the meeting, let us know ASAP.

We'll also discuss whether and how the WG should move forward - if we don't get folks committed to work on the various items, we can close shop soon. So, let us know - either per email or in person in Minneapolis - if you're willing to work on one of our chartered WG items.

If there is a total lack of interest, before closing the shop, I am interested in a clean sheet review of the architecture, wording, concepts based upon a real analysis of what are OPES/ONES called for and to be, where they are to be used and rebuilding a charter accordingly. I consider the matter as fundamental to networking, to servicing and also the only way to permit Internet evolutions, in transparently supporting them. To take back the image I used during the initial debate, we had the choice to build a bicycle, an Harley or a car. The current tricycle to run the 24 Hours du Mans is not that appealing.

jfc