RE: [Fwd: interest in the rules language]

2005-02-22 16:20:19

I am still interested in the rules language. I will participate in the
associated dicussions/reviews - but probably do not have the time to help in
writing one now.

I'm sorry, I did want to do more than that, but cannot take it up now due to
the timing (almost waited 6 months!).

Thanks and Regards,
Geetha

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-openproxy(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-openproxy(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Markus
Hofmann
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:33 PM
To: OPES Group
Subject: Re: [Fwd: interest in the rules language]

Alex Rousskov wrote:

I did not see anybody digging in. At this point, I have to wonder if I
am  the only person left interested in the "common rules language"
problem.  Did we lose the momentum and interest on this topic? Does it
make sense to  continue working on rules (regardless of Seive versus P
question)?

There were a few folks interested in the topic when the charter was
discussed and before various (mostly IETF-imposed) delays put the topic
on  the backburner. Should we assume that those folks lost interest (due
to  delays or any other reason)?

Folks - we need to know if anyone is still interested in this work.
Doesn't make sense to drag this along without anyone working on it and
without making real progress.

Could anyone interested in the rules language work please speak up, in
particular the ones who expressed interest in contributing to the work
when we re-charted (don't make me go back into the email archives to
dig out the names... :). If we don't hear back, I recommend we fold
this activity.

Thanks,
   Markus