RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opes-smtp-use-cases-02.txt

2005-07-07 05:43:42

JFC,

The figures reflect a brief summary from RFC 2821. The text does not
suggest that
OPES does not understand the 1-to-many aspect of the protocol.

Understand your worries (but they may be unfounded IMHO).

Abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-openproxy(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-openproxy(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of jfcm
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:58 AM
To: Martin Stecher
Cc: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opes-smtp-use-cases-02.txt

I have no obection to the draft, with the provision that I do
not agree
with the one/one presentation of SMTP. IMHO figure 1 and 2
should take into
consideration the one/many nature of email. My worry is that
sometimes the
true impact of OPES on the Internet architecture (making the
dumb network
smart) will be exposed. That day this WG will become very
controverted. So,
I suggest that we carry the preliminary work in not playing
too low key the
sources of the future contentions (part 4.7): otherwise we
will have to
revisit everything under the pressur of new comers.
jfc