Re: Moving Forward

2005-08-09 17:49:58

Folks,

from the silence on the list and the lack of any response, I would conclude that there is *no* interest in moving forward with actually defining a OCP/SMTP profile.

If this conclusion is wrong and there is interest in moving forward, please indicate your willingness to lead the protocol work and co-author a draft *now*.

If there are no volunteers, I'll ask that the milestone and deliverable get removed from our charter. Given that we also don't make any progress on the rules language, I would then ask the AD/IESG to close the WG.

Thanks,
  Markus

Markus Hofmann wrote:

Folks,

with the "SMTP Use Cases" draft bing submitted to IESG for consideration as informal RFC, it's now time to move ahead to our next milestone, which is

 "Initial document on OCP/SMTP profile for MTAs, including mechanisms
 for tracing and bypass".

Does anyone believe the use cases draft is appealing enough so that it's worthwhile to spend time and effort on developing a protocol that will enable these use cases?

Who is volunteering to lead the protocol work and co-author a draft?

Thanks,
  Markus