RE: Moving Forward

2005-08-12 14:05:41

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 21:48 +0200, Martin Stecher wrote:

If the group agrees that we should continue with our current milestones,
I am happy to work with you on the OCP/SMTP draft, hoping that Alex
will at least be available to discuss some OCP details, better as
co-author.

I am happy to help with the OCP/SMTP draft but only on the sidelines.  I
agree that it would be nice to have a good "solution" in case SMTP folks
need it, but I lack resources and motivation to contribute on a more
substantial level, especially knowing how many SMTP folks are going to
tell us that we are violating their protocols and damaging their
networks.

Alex.

      -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: owner-ietf-openproxy(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org im Auftrag von
Clemens Perz
      Gesendet: Do 11.08.2005 04:26
      An: OPES Group
      Betreff: Re: Moving Forward

      Hi,

      If you are willing to consider the contribution of a complete greenhorn
      this Working Group, I would like to work with Martin on the OCP/SMTP
draft.
      I'm not sure if it needs to be on the Charter for that, but it should
not
      be forgotten in any way.

      My experience is that the people who could benefit from such a standard
do
      not know about the OPES Working Group and the potential it's work
creates.
      While the SMTP threats grow and the search for more flexible
infrastructure
      solutions becomes more hectic, it would be nice to have the phoenix
ready
      in the fire :)

      The relevance of the OCP/SMTP might be underestimated by us and the
      markets, because many people do not take their time yet to get the whole
      picture. Offering a flexible protocol solution could change that very
      quickly.

      Cheers,

      Clemens

      --On Mittwoch, 10. August 2005 20:16 -0400 Markus Hofmann
<markus(_at_)mhof(_dot_)com>