Callout Protocol Core - Kept parameter

2006-04-17 07:48:37

Hi,

I am confused about the definition of the Kept parameter of a DUM message. The parameter is defined in rfc4037 as follows
|>   DUM: extends message with {
|>           xid my-offset;
|>           [As-is: org-offset];
|>           [Kept: org-offset org-size ];
|>           [Modp: modp];
|>   } and payload;

And in rfc4236 the Kept parameter is e.g. used in the following example:
|>    P: DUM 88 65
|>       Kept: 65 64
|>       AM-Part: response-header
|>
|>       64:HTTP/1.1 200 OK

I'm confused, because the value of the Kept parameter doesn't follow the rules for a valid message format (see: rfc 4037, 3.1). A value can be a struct, list or atom. The value shown in the example is not a struct or list, so it must be an atom value. But a atom value must not have spaces, or the value has to be quoted.

So, what's the correct representation of the Kept parameter value?

As list?
|> Kept: (65,64)

As structure?
|> Kept: {65 64}