Fwd: Callout Protocol Core - Kept parameter

2006-04-24 22:10:36

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who can answer my question regarding the Kept parameter of the opes core protocol "Data Use Mine" message? The inconstancy I've pointed out does not only affect this parameter but would cause a OCP agent to terminate the transaction because of a invalid message format caused by this parameter.

Furthermore I've found another inconstancy in the specification. It is in RFC 4236, section 3.9 (examples) where the server sends back the following answer:
|>    S: DUM 55 0
|>       AM-Part: response-header
|>
|>       76:HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
|>       Proxy-Connection: close
|>
|>       ;
|>    S: DUM 55 0
|>       AM-Part: response-body
|>
|>       67:<html><body>You are not allowed to
|>       access this page.</body></html>
|>       ;

Please note the my-offset parameter of the DUM messages. It's 0 in both messages. This would cause a non http-profile aware agent (e.g. if the callout server simply forward the messages to an other agent) to belief that a AME message is missing.

Regards,
Martin Thelian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------