Re: Other exportable 40-bit algorithms

1997-04-18 15:37:10
"David" == David P Kemp <dpkemp(_at_)missi(_dot_)ncsc(_dot_)mil> writes:

    David> Uri, Are you familiar enough with the SSL/TLS technique of
    David> creating export keys (hashing 40 secret bits with 88 salt
    David> bits) to state whether it is covered by the CDMF patent?

Shame on me - no I am not familiar with how TLS is doing this.
Also - I have learned tha common sense usually has little to
do wrt. patent applicability. Not being a lawyer - I have
no idea whatsoever, whether CDMF patent does or does not
apply.

Regards,                   [To reply, remove "NOSPAM!" from the
Uri                         "Reply-To:" field]
-=-=-==-=-=-            uri(_at_)ibm(_dot_)net
<Disclaimer>