Re: Comparing email header fields with certificate conten

1997-07-07 08:14:14

I agree with Dave.  I think that #1 and #3 are more likely in the near
term, but I would like to see #2 deployed in the future.

Russ

1) User agents MUST be able to map certified identities (DNs) to
  email addresses, under control of the user.

2) User agents MAY support certified mapping of identity to email
  address, using attribute certificates.

3) User agents MAY use the email address from the subjectAltName extension
  (of a normal certificate) but MUST NOT require it to be present.