Re: application/mime and binary data

1997-07-25 15:30:28
For what it's worth, Netscape is one of those MUAs that can't cope with
and treats unencoded CR, LF, and CRLF synonymously.  It would be a lot
of work to make it able to handle binary MIME parts.

This applies to both MIME and S/MIME objects; if an encrypted or
opaque-signed S/MIME message has unencoded binary data inside it,
that message won't be decoded properly.

So, I'd lean toward prohibiting cte-binary inside of S/MIME objects,
because it's less work for us (and I suspect for lots of other people
as well.)

--
Jamie Zawinski         http://people.netscape.com/jwz/      about:jwz