Re: The "name" parameter

1997-07-25 18:13:34
Why?  This has been a constant thorn in my side.  Does anyone actually
object to content-disposition, or is the problem just that nobody has
yet gotten off their butt and pushed it through?

Keith Moore and I "got off our butts" some time ago to fix the problems (by
extending the parameter value notation in MIME) and also to push the
content-disposition spec through the process. The biggest problem, however, has
been an almost complete lack of feedback from the community. Additional
feedback would have expedited the process with the IESG considerably. Enough
said.

                                Ned