RE: Even newer versions of the drafts

1997-11-11 17:29:02
A complete search and replace should be done.  Even the ASN.1 construct
in appends A is lower-cased.  SMIMECapability is uppercased but
sMIMECapabilities is not.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blake Ramsdell [SMTP:BlakeR(_at_)deming(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 1997 3:28 PM
To:   Jim Schaad (Exchange); 'Paul Hoffman / IMC';
'ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org'
Subject:      RE: Even newer versions of the drafts

On Tuesday, November 11, 1997 1:37 PM, Jim Schaad (Exchange)
[SMTP:jimsch(_at_)EXCHANGE(_dot_)MICROSOFT(_dot_)com] wrote:
I'm sure if I were to read them again and again I would find other
problems, but they look good to me as they stand with 1 minor
exception.
Paul -- You need to be constant in section 2.5.2 about how you
captialize sMIMECapabilities.  It is there with both a large and
small
leading S.

Third to last paragraph in section 2.5.2 "and a new OID MUST be
allocated under the SMIMECapabilities OID".  This should be lower case
first "s", because it is referring to the OID, not the ASN.1
construct.

Section A.4 SMIMECapabilites should have a small "s" also.

Jim, were there any other ones?  The other references to
SMIMECapabilities refer to the ASN.1 construct, not the OID as far as
can tell.

Blake C. Ramsdell
Worldtalk Corporation
For current info, check http://www.deming.com/users/blaker
Voice +1 425 882 8861 x103  Fax +1 425 882 8060